"We know what we are, but not what we may be."
William Shakespeare

Monday, August 1, 2011

August

Well, there will be alot going on this month. Wyatt and I both start school back. Wyatt is going to be in the Immersion program at school. That means he will be learning half the day in english and the other in chinese. Its a great idea that these schools are doing this. Geoffrey says that it is a good language for Wyatt to learn because China will have more of an influence on America because of technology and the fact that they own just about all of our debt.
We have finished all the paperwork to adopt and now just waiting to have the house inspected and approved. After that we meet the social worker and then finally we wait for a child. We are so excited. Wyatt is so excited too. He asked me the other day why kids were adopted. I told him because some kids just don't have mommy and daddys to look after them. When people adopt they decide to become that childs mom and dad. I asked Wyatt if we had enough love for another child and he said yes. I told him that we are doing something that not many people get to do and that it was a special thing.
I am really really pumped because in a week and a half, Wyatt and I will be on a plane going to see some of my Navy buddies! I am flying down to visit with my favorite girls, Candace and Kate. We had so much fun together when I was in the Navy. I hate that we don't live closer, but I am so excited to go. And Candace hasn't seen Wyatt since he was a newborn, so I can't wait for her to see how awesome my kid is. :)

No comments: