"We know what we are, but not what we may be."
William Shakespeare

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Reprieve

For a little while you were mine and I loved you from the start.
But God said I couldn't keep you, and it hurt so much for us to part.

We tried to move forward and put the past behind.
But even though our Lord loves, life is not always as kind

The ache is still there even though I hide the pain.
My heart is still not whole, even though I try to maintain.

They say that time can heal all wounds, but 2 years has not done the trick.
Because even though I can smile, my heart still feels sick.

The memory starts to fade and hope starts to seep back in.
And it seems that is the cycle from which I live over again.

3 times we have lost and all times we have grieved.
But my heart has had enough and I hope for a reprieve.

Dear Lord, hear our prayer and show us what to do.
Give us the guidance we need so we can know Your will too.

No comments: