"We know what we are, but not what we may be."
William Shakespeare

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

Well we didn't get in the house this week because of hold ups at the bank. They decided at the last minute to actually look at our file and see they still needed a few papers from us. So the hope is to close tomorrow. We shall see what happens. Wyatt keeps asking when he gets his new room and I understand the sentiment.

Speaking of Wyatt.... he did something really funny the other day that I want to share. He walked in to my bedroom with nothing but his blue jeans on (no shirt) and he said, "Mommy, do you think I'm hot?" LOL.... only my kid would do something like that. It was pretty funny.

Something else I want to share about my little man. I have been so proud of him. Our church as a whole does not give up anything for Lent. Its something you can do if you want, but its not part of the Nazarene belief that you have to do. Wyatt, however, goes to a Lutheran preschool and they talked to the kids about Lent and what it means. Wyatt gave up tea. He came home and asked us all what we would give up. Well most people might fall off the wagon and partake in whatever they have given up. Not my boy! He refused to have sweet tea for a whole month (and tea is his favorite). He woke up this morning, it being Easter today, and the first thing he said was, "I get to drink tea today!" But most children or even adults would slip up or give up on their sacrifice, but my angel stuck with it and impressed me and my whole family. I am so proud of him!

No comments: