"We know what we are, but not what we may be."
William Shakespeare

Thursday, June 10, 2010

IVF update

Well IVF did not work. I started to heave the feeling that I wasn't pregnant, but others kept telling me I was just being negative, but yesterday I started bleeding. I called the doctor and they told us to come in to get my blood test done to see if it was implantation bleeding. I showed up and got the test done. A few hours later they called and told me that I wasn't pregnant.

The family is taking it hard. Geoffrey has been really down about it and so have I. We really thought it would work and were so positive about everything up until this past week.

Poor Wyatt (who didn't even know what we were doing and what IVF was) has been praying at dinner and bedtime for God to put a baby in my belly. Its been hard to hear his prayers and knowing that we have failed him.

We are going to try to have a baby one more time naturally. If we miscarry this time then we will just put this aside and set about adopting. We already planned to be foster parents once we get settled in a new house, but we will also go on the waiting list for a baby.

We ask family and friends to keep us in their prayers as we go through yet another loss that has cut deeply in our hearts and those of our family.

No comments: