"We know what we are, but not what we may be."
William Shakespeare

Friday, February 12, 2010

February Time

Well so much is going on in our lives right now. I am pregnant again. So far everything is going well and we are very optimistic about this baby. We were reluctant to tell Wyatt since he took the last miscarriage so hard, but in the end we wanted to share it with him. He is really excited about being a big brother. I started keeping a little boy during the day who is one year old and Wyatt says he is practicing being a big brother with him. Its really cute. The baby was originally due on Sept. 15th, but the doctors think they were incorrect on how far along I was so my due date has been pushed back to Sept. 29th.

Geoffrey and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary on March 6th. Its getting pretty close. It feels like it has been longer because of everything we have gone through this year. We never got the honeymoon phase after you get married. Between my grandmother falling ill and us coming home from the honeymoon early to be with her and then the two miscarriages, handling lawyers and trying to get details sorted in our lives its has been a fast paced year. Of course when you marry a woman with a child you step right into every day life. There is no sneaking off to be alone or fooling around in the kitchen. In reality there is a 4 year old boy who has nightmares and can come in your room at any given moment, or the child who is afraid to be in a room by himself so he follows you through the house....lol. But I don't mind. Luckily Geoffrey wanted that life so we are happy. I can't imagine being married to anyone else and having them take on my life as he has. He is my friend and partner in life and I am lucky.

Another thing going on in our lives is that our court hearing is coming up. The hearing is for Geoffrey to adopt Wyatt. We are excited and Wyatt told me something the other day that made me smile. People say children don't notice or care about certain things like a name, but they do. He said, "Mommy, is my name Coleman?" I told him yes, but that it was going to change to Johnson soon. He said, "Good because then we will be the Johnson family." I thought that was sweet.

Wyatt has gotten to the point where he asked Geoffrey if he could start calling him daddy. It was right around Christmas time and it just made us smile yet again. We never encouraged him to call him that. I only referred to my husband as Geoffrey. So for Wyatt to decide that he wanted to do that on his own was precious. Now, if I call him Geoffrey at the table or something, Wyatt will correct me. He will say, "His name is Daddy." LOL

Wyatt is doing great in school. He is learning to write his name. I actually want to take a picture of him writing his name to put up on the internet. That way everyone can see how smart my kid is....lol.

Geoffrey will be getting out of the Navy next year. We are scouting around for jobs right now. Its a year away, but we want to go ahead and be making a plan. My family is so happy that we plan to move back to SC. Right now my grandmother and grandfather are doing poorly and its hard for me to be away from them. Wyatt keeps praying for his great grandma every time he prays for his food and it can bring tears to my eyes. We don't know if we will sell our condo, but probably rent it out until the market starts doing better. But we will be looking for a house in SC. We have been talking about buying a house or building our own. That is still up in the air. Luckily for us Geoffrey is very smart and with his knowledge in the nuclear field and having been an officer in charge of others under the nuclear field, finding a job should not be a problem.

Well for right now, that is all that I can think of that is going on in our lives. Might now seem like alot to some people, but its enough for us. Please keep us in your prayers as we go to our court hearing and as we go through this pregnancy. Both are so important to us.

No comments: